Tuesday 10 September 2013

A New Home

Hello all,

New start all around for me. Currently moonlighting as a Laser Tag and Paintball Marshal up in Winchester alongside a concerted effort to join the British Army has meant that I've found even less time to concentrate on my writing, and indeed, marketing my book. Hectic wouldn't be the word.

But, for the newbies that haven't yet heard of me; I am Nathan West and I write under the pseudonym of Nathan Young, I'm a part-time author/full time dreamer hanging around in Wickham, nr Fareham in Hampshire, UK.

My first novel, Fire and Ice, was released to a limited local audience in March 2012 and I am working frantically on the follow up that will become the standard bearer for the entire series.

So, what can I tell you about my writing career to date?
  • I started writing when I was studying for my GCSE's
  • I write thrillers
  • Fire and Ice developed from and old manuscript I knocked up in Maths 7 (yes, SEVEN) years ago.
Fire and Ice was originally a re-telling of an urban legend from my hometown of Havant. When I presented it to my old English teacher as part of an assessment pre exam, it was praised for its maturity, yet marked downwards due to the main character's bloody final confrontation with his enemy. It's worth mentioning that at the time, many of the characters involved were of Secondary School age, so I can certainly understand why she did so.

The front cover of the book
Safe to say that's where I got the bug, and from that point I really began to chop and change. the characters developed from kids to adults, the Urban Legend was removed completely, and an all new plot line was installed within months.

Fire and Ice is on limited release for one reason alone: It's designed to be the filler for the rest of the series, the closing point for all the questions that readers will have from reading The Field of Honour and its inevitable sequel.

Limited doesn't of course mean you can't get a copy, it is available on Foyles, and on Amazon, or you can get it straight from the publishers at http://www.xlibrispublishing.co.uk/bookstore/bookdisplay.aspx?bookid=302936

Whats next?

The Field of Honour is the title of the new book, expected to be completed and ready for release in 2014.

A teaser has been released to the public already;

In The Field of Honour Stacy Ryan finds her loyalty to Danny Patterson tested as the United Kingdom comes under attack.
With his darkest hour swiftly approaching, Danny faces a desperate race against time to track down and destroy the threat. Whatever the cost.

I'll be slowly releasing more information to you monthly, and I hope that you'll stick with me for the ride. I really do appreciate the support!

 Nathan



No comments:

Post a Comment